找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

更多的言论关于UTAS明年涨25%学费的问题

Mao 2008-7-26 18:56:05 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
MERYL NAIDOO

July 26, 2008 12:00am
THE University of Tasmania may have acted quickly to increase fees to beat a federal review of education costs, a national student union leader said yesterday.

National Union of Students President Angus McFarland called the increase a "cynical grab for cash" and also said UTAS students were already paying too much for HECS.

UTAS fees will soar by 25 per cent next year, elevating its fees from the lowest in the country to matching most others.

Mr McFarland said he hoped a fairer HECS deal would come from a Federal Government review of higher education being conducted now.

He suggested the fee rises were timed to beat the outcome of that review.

"It's a cynical grab for cash considering the new Government and the Bradley review is to focus on public and private contributions to higher education funding," Mr McFarland said.

He said the sector was expecting reduced HECS.

Mr McFarland also suggested the impact was far reaching.

"I am concerned about the impact on Tasmania's economy," he said. "A hike in HECS debt has been linked to discouraging lower socio-economic groups from participating in university."

Students have listed HECS debts, soaring rents, and rising food and petrol prices as causes of stress which they are under.

Shantelle Rodman, 21, a third year arts and music student, said the fee rises came as a shock.

"All other living expenses as well as a HECS debt when you're just a student is a concern," said Miss Rodman, of Dynnyrne.

Part-time combined arts and fine arts student Nicole Calabria, 22, of Lenah Valley, is in a bind.

She is close to completing her four-year degree but she switched to part-time two years ago so she could work.

"If I don't overload this year and finish, I'll have to pay more next year," she said.

"I don't want big debt before I'm 25 and haven't bought a house or have any savings."

Students start to repay HECS debt when their salary reaches $41,594.

Vice-Chancellor Daryl Le Grew said courses in natural and physical sciences and mathematics and statistics would actually have lower HECS next year as a result of Federal Government budget decisions.

Nursing and education would only have a cost of living increase in HECS.

He said enrolments had risen 32.6 per cent between 2001 and 2007.

UTAS has 21,223 students enrolled this year.

The State Opposition has blamed the Federal Government for the fees increase.

"We should be breaking down barriers to people furthering their education, not putting up new ones," said Opposition Leader Will Hodgman.

大神点评(17)

TonyBB 2008-7-26 19:03:55 显示全部楼层 来自: LAN
国际学生呢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ylzhao 2008-7-26 19:04:22 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
没想到鬼佬先顶不住了啊  ::xt5::
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

rambler 2008-7-26 19:10:01 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
受教育是公民的福利...只是我们在国内已经被GCD洗脑了,教育产业化
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

qinyimiaovvn 2008-7-26 19:20:11 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
我也背不住了!!!
$15000一年啊!!!::t1::
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

MonsterHunter 2008-7-26 19:24:12 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚

。。。。。。 额,15000还好吧

8年前,澳洲一些大学的学费有些就过2w了。。
而且我记得有年是30%张的
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

rambler 2008-7-26 19:30:17 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
15000相对于本岛上的那些大学来说已经很便宜了...MEL的那些大学动辄2-3W一年...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Nick 2008-7-26 19:32:52 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
没有PR,学费就是很贵。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

tata 2008-7-26 19:58:45 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
涨学费不是针对新生的么?我们也要按新的交?不是吧
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

神枪手 2008-7-26 20:19:13 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
已经 注册或是在读生不要涨啊。