找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

White Sands and Ben Lomond

ceciliachiu 2012-7-29 16:55:38 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2012-7-29 17:04 编辑

Last Sunday, husband had to travel to the White Sands Estate (half way between St Helens and Bicheno) for work. We took a Chinese student with us and this was her first trip out of Launceston since she arrived a month ago.  

It was a sunny day and the weather was mild. We had a stroll along the beach, looked at some coastal plants and met a friendly little dog, then had beer at the White Sands restaurant. We picked a table on the deck, sun bathing, enjoyed our beer, read the Examiner, waiting for my husband to finish his work. There was an article in the newspaper about Tasmania's plan to attract more Chinese tourists to the state and they cited one of my published articles.  While it is nice to know that my research work was useful, the newspaper had my name completely wrong. To them, I am "Celicia Chui". Obviously, they accessed my article online but how they could get my name wrong I don't know. It is a simple cut and paste job. Perhaps they should have a better proofreader.  

A pleasant find of the day was the Ironhouse Brewery in the White Sands Estate. In the restaurant, we were offered free tasting of the various brews. They were quite generous with the tasting and we had like half a glass of beer altogether before we ordered (and we only sampled half of the brews). I like the Wheat Beer and Vivien picked the Porter with Honey.

On our way back, we stopped at the Elephant Pass Pancake Parlour. I had my usual BMW (banana, maple syrup and walnut) pancake. Yummy.  

We made a detour to Ben Lomond. The clouds were a bit low there and it was misty on the top. Nonetheless, Jacob's Ladder is always impressive.

DSC03924-r.jpg
Happy dogs. This was also an outing for our two dogs.

A sandy beach at the White Sands Estate

The rocky coast

The sea was pretty rough on the day

The orange lichen which gives the rocks at the Bay of Fires their characteristic colour

The sandy beach is dotted with shells

Driving up Jacob's Ladder

Misty on top

Looking down at Jacob's Ladder, the access road to the ski resort on Ben Lomond

Not much snow this year and I felt sorry for the business operators there

大神点评(4)

vipzql 2012-7-30 00:37:49 显示全部楼层 来自: 中国天津
{:soso_e179:}
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

bulekuler 2012-7-30 14:30:42 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
很棒的风景
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

Never_Give_Up 2012-10-20 14:44:03 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
喜欢文章,也喜欢风景。一种经历。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

游塔斯旅行社 2012-11-26 15:23:49 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
BMW pancake is so so so yammy! It would be much funny if they can make it like an elephant's shape.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

B Color Image Link Quote Code Smilies

商业推广

战略合作