找回密码
 注册

快捷登录

风景 Scotland & England, Day 5 & 6

ceciliachiu 2012-9-23 13:14:17 显示全部楼层 阅读模式 打印 上一主题 下一主题 来自: 澳大利亚
本帖最后由 ceciliachiu 于 2012-9-23 13:30 编辑

After the Donnottar Castle, we spent a night in Aberdeen and stayed in a downtown hotel. Like any big cities, the downtown could be unsafe at night. We saw drunks and hooligans on our way to find a restaurant for dinner nearby. Thus, we did not spent time hanging out that evening and returned to our hotel right after dinner.

13 August 2012, Day 5

Statue of Edward VII, Aberdeen (right outside our hotel)

A naughty seagull standing on the head of the king

Loanhead of Deviot Recumbent Stone Circle

Huntley Castle

Getting used to walking up a grassy slope, my niece was running up

After some sightseeing, we went to meet my friend at the Scottish Sculpture Workshop in Lumsden where she was having a foundry session casting some sculptures (P.S. the guy in this photo is not my friend)

A video on the bronze casting process

14 August 2011, Day 6

We spent the night in my friend's lovely estate in Blairglowrie. This is her gallery on the property.

Blair Atholl Rifle Range (which is reminesent of the Queenstown Rifle Range in Tasmania)

The Hermitage

The Hermitage is a picturesque nature area in Perthshire, Scotland.  There is a small parking area at the entrance of the path into the area but no sign saying parking ticket required. We bought some drinks at the kiosk in the carpark. When I turned around, I found a suspicious brown coloured pole in a very inconspicuous location. Suspecting that could be a ticket machine, I approached and found out that it is! Of course, we bought our tickets. Another tourist trap.

大神点评(2)

bulekuler 2012-9-25 13:20:44 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
能到处旅游真好
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

ceciliachiu 楼主 2012-9-25 16:45:08 显示全部楼层 来自: 澳大利亚
bulekuler 发表于 2012-9-25 13:20
能到处旅游真好

Tasmania is a good place to travel too.  Make the best out of it while you are here.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

说点什么

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

商业推广

战略合作